3620 Inwood Rd.
Dallas, TX 75209
Serving Dallas, University Park, and Highland Park, Texas
You depend on your car, and when it stops running, you need a reliable repair at a reasonable price to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
And that’s what you’ll get from AAMCO Transmission and Auto Repair of Dallas. We live up to our nearly 50 years as the most trusted name in transmission repair with quality, guaranteed work at a fair price. You will never get unnecessary repairs, nor will you get less than you need or inferior, junkyard parts. When you leave AAMCO, you know your repairs will be backed by a no-questions-asked nationwide warranty—the strongest nationwide warranty in the industry.
To talk to one of our technicians about your transmission problem, please call (214) 390-4681 or schedule your appointment online.
Expert Diagnosis for Expert Repair
We are able to offer our warranty because we have confidence that every repair is the right one. Most of the time, our extensive diagnostic procedure allows us to get you back on the road with only a minor repair.
Our exclusive TranScan diagnostic, which includes:
- A check of the level and condition of your transmission fluid
- When applicable, a check of the level and condition of your transfer case and differential fluid
A road test, where we will not only look for the problem you reported, but also evaluate your transmission's performance including:
- Initial engagements
- Each drive range
- Upshift timing and quality
- Downshift timing and quality
- Passing gear
- TCC engagement
- 4x4 performance
At AAMCO of Dallas our diagnostic does not stop with your transmission. We will scan the computer for trouble codes, and your vehicle will be placed on a lift to look for any possible cause of the problem external to the transmission including:
- Shift linkage or cable
- Vacuum connections
- Wire condition
- TV/detent cable/linkage
- Harness connections
- Ground connections
- Engine performance
- Engine idle
- Final drive
- Axles and shafts
- U-joints/CV joints
- Fluid retention
- Pan gasket
Your Dallas AAMCO has access to numerous proprietary tools that help us to identify problems that may leave other shops guessing. Many transmission problems start when your transmission receives the wrong signals from your vehicle's computer system. The exclusive AAMCO Computer Diagnostic Service includes:
- A computer scan that checks all critical computer systems in the vehicle for trouble codes. A variety of systems could cause drivability issues, and we want to check them all to find the true cause of your problem.
- We then run the results against the most extensive transmission computer diagnostic source available anywhere: our proprietary AAMCO technical database.
- We can also check to see whether the problem is inside or outside of the transmission using the AAMCO Kwiktest™ PlusBox.
Your certified AAMCO center technician will also attempt to track down any electronic component or part that needs replacing, by:
- Checking the electronic components
- Checking the solenoids and sensors
- Checking the wiring to and from the transmission, solenoids and sensors
It is our comprehensive diagnostic approach that sets AAMCO apart, so that you only get the repair you need and your car, truck or SUV is back on the road as soon as possible.
At your Dallas AAMCO, when we find the problem, we will recommend the repair and not before. We won't recommend a rebuilt transmission service until we know EXACTLY what is causing your problem.
Don’t work with a mechanic who is guessing at your problem. Work with a certified AAMCO technician who will find the problem before he begins work. To learn more, please contact AAMCO Transmission and Auto Repair of Dallas today.
- About Us
- Transmission Repair
- Automatic Transmission Rebuild
- Differential Rebuilding
- Driveshaft Repair
- Manual Transmission Rebuilds
- The AAMCO Transmission Difference
- Transmission Diagnostic Checks
- Transmission Fluid Changes
- Transmission Noises and Vibrations
- Transmission Repair Prices
- Transmission Repair Warranty Policy
- Transmission Tips
- Contact Us
- Map and Directions