3620 Inwood Rd.
Dallas, TX 75209
Brake Repair Services
Serving Dallas, University Park, and Highland Park, Texas
Brakes are a crucial safety feature on your car, truck, or SUV, and if you don’t get them serviced in time, you are putting yourself, your passengers, and everyone on the road at risk. Brakes are also something that , if not replaced in time can become damaged with wear, leading to more expensive repairs later on. At AAMCO Transmission and Automotive Repair of Dallas, we will inspect your brakes and determine if they are in need of servicing so you can avoid major repairs later on.
Even before you come into our shop, though, you can be aware of the condition of your own brakes. Here’s how:
Visual Inspection of your brake pads will tell you all you need to know. They should be more than ¼ inch thick. At ¼ inch thick, it’s time to get them replaced. Less than that and you need to get them replaced immediately and you are risking damage to your rotors.
Listen to Your Brakes every time you stop. Squeaking is a bad sound and often means your brakes may need to be recalibrated or realigned. Scraping or metallic grinding is the worst sound—this means that your brake pads are worn away and you are beginning to do damage to the rotors. When this happens, you will at least have to have your rotors machined to smooth them down, and if the wear is too bad, they may have to be replaced.
Feel Your Brakes every time you stop. If you have to push harder on them than is comfortable to bring your vehicle to a routine stop or if you have to depress the pedal nearly to the floor to get your brakes to engage, you need to come in.
And, of course, if your brake light comes on and stays on, your brakes need servicing.
Regular Brake Inspection and Service
It’s a good idea to have your brakes checked out every year to ensure they remain working to keep you safe and avoid costly repairs. At AAMCO Transmission and Automotive Repair of Dallas, our skilled technicians will check out every feature of your brake system, including:
- Hydraulic fluids
- Rotor/drum wear
- Calipers and wheel cylinders
- Brake hardware
- Hoses and lines
- Master cylinder
- Anti-lock system (if applicable)
AAMCO Brake System Service includes:
- A thorough inspection of your vehicles entire braking system
- Worn pads and shoes replaced
- Wheel bearings repacked as needed
- Lubrication for specified components
- Rotor and drum resurfacing (may need replacement if wear is excessive)
- Replacement of other components based on findings of inspection
- Old brake fluid is replaced with fresh fluid
- Adjust parking brake
- Road test to ensure the entire braking system is operating properly
And, of course, the work is protected with our nationwide warranty, so you can be confident your brakes will work or we will fix them, no matter where you are.
To get your brakes checked out or to get them serviced at AAMCO Transmission and Automotive Repair of Dallas, please call (214) 390-4681 or schedule an appointment online today.
- About Us
- Transmission Repair
- Automatic Transmission Rebuild
- Differential Rebuilding
- Driveshaft Repair
- Manual Transmission Rebuilds
- The AAMCO Transmission Difference
- Transmission Diagnostic Checks
- Transmission Fluid Changes
- Transmission Noises and Vibrations
- Transmission Repair Prices
- Transmission Repair Warranty Policy
- Transmission Tips
- Contact Us
- Map and Directions